The 2022 Season of Creation started on September 1st and continues until the feast of Saint Francis of Assisi on October 4th. The Season of Creation is a time to focus on creation and ask ourselves what more we can do to take care of it. This year, we are asked to “listen to the voice of creation”:
These are voices of those who suffer the impacts of climate change. These are voices of people who hold generational wisdom about how to live gratefully within the limits of the land. These are voices of a diminishing diversity of more-than-human species. It is the voice of the Earth.
How can you celebrate this year’s Season of Creation? Why not assess your carbon footprint and work to reduce it? The Climate Cool Network has an excellent carbon footprint calculator.
And consider participating in one of these upcoming Season of Creation events:
- On demand recording: Season of Creation 2022 Launch Event. A global ecumenical prayer service and call to action. Watch at youtu.be/IQtHNMxLwhE
- September 9th, 9-10 AM: Divestment 101: Investing in Our Common Home via Zoom. This informative seminar will be led by Joseph D’halluin, who serves as the divestment campaigner for the Laudato Si’ Movement as well as Alexis Fleming, the Western Region Finance Manager for the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace. Register at tinyurl.com/divest-101
- September 11, 2:30-4:30 PM: Green Team Summit Keynote Watch Party at St John United Lutheran Church featuring Katherine Kayhoe. This free summit will feature a keynote by renowned climate author and speaker, Katherine Hayhoe. Attend the watch party at United Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall (5515 Phinney Ave N) or watch virtually. Register at greenteamsummit.org
- September 13, 6:00-7:30 AM: Listen to the Voice of Creation via Zoom. This reflective event offers motivations and spiritual insights, especially to Religious local communities and Congregations, to join the Laudato Si’ Action Platform in order to respond to the signs of the times and the invitations of the Holy Spirit in line with their own specific mission. Register at tinyurl.com/lsap-listen
- September 13, 10-11 AM: A Powerful Opportunity for the Faith Community: Putting Our Faith into Action Through Renewable Energy Investments and Funding via Zoom. Another chance to learn about responsible investing. Catholic Climate Covenant is leading a conversation exploring the incredible new opportunities to put our faith into action that will be available thanks to the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA). Register at tinyurl.com/ccc-invest
- Date/time to come. Stations of Creation at St John’s. More information to come.
- Date/time to come. Blessing of the Animals at St John’s. More information to come.
Working together, we can help take care of our common home.