We had our first meeting of the Saint Francis of Assisi group on Monday, March 11. Present at the meeting were Helen, Jim, Jennifer, Father Crispin, Suzanna, and Paul.
We began with a prayer — Saint Francis’ Canticle of Creatures — and a spiritual reading from Pope Francis. We introduced ourselves and discussed the direction the group would take.
The general consensus was…
- That our next meeting would Monday, April 15.
- Homework for next time: read Laudato Si, and be prepared to discuss it at the next meeting on April 15.
- We need to come up with a mission statement.
- Future meeting topics:
- The environment.
- Climate change.
- Animal agriculture.
- Compassion for animals.
- Healthy eating.
- Lowering our environmental footprint.
- Actions we can take as individuals and as a community to better our world.
- Hosting a Soup Supper (maybe Lent 2020).
- Hosting a Coffee & Donuts.
- Open to other topics.
- The meeting closed with the reading of Prayer for the Planet.